Martin Home Exteriors

Siding FAQs

Frequent Asked Questions about Siding in Jacksonville


Q: How do I know if I need a reside?

A: You may need a reside if you have one or more of the following problems:

Q: Do you provide free estimates?

A: Absolutely! Martin Home Exteriors offers a free in-home estimate for all re-siding projects.

Q: How much does a reside normally cost?

A: No reside is exactly the same. It depends on the size of the house and the complexity of the job, however, you will be provided with an exact quote at the time of your free in-home estimate.

Q: What type of material does Martin Home Exteriors use?

A: Martin Home Exteriors uses only the finest quality materials in your home. Although there are thinner and thicker types of siding available, it is our professional opinion that this James Hardie Building Products is the best siding manufacturer for your home.

Q: What does a reside actually involve?

A: First, we identify exactly what you want. We run a needs assessment on the existing exterior to evaluate your existing siding and windows. Martin Home Exteriors provides building envelope solutions to properly waterproof the building’s exterior. We analyze the project from all angles. Siding is not a one-size-fits-all product, so Martin Home Exteriors chooses the custom siding type, to best suit each unique project. We also take every necessary precaution in analyzing potential hazards before starting. The siding options we offer are customized to the individual project and you. This is the aesthetics stage that increases curb appeal while still protecting the waterproofing and other work. Finally, our team presents the package and custom siding solution to you, the client.

Q: Do I need a permit?

A: Because your home is being resided, it is not considered to be a “repair”. Therefore, the city or county in which you reside will require that a permit be issued. The permit will be charged to you at cost, no additional fees. Administrative time to pull the permit will not be charged to you.

Q: Do I have to be home during the reside?

A: No. Martin Home Exteriors is a licensed and bonded company. Martin Home Exteriors does not require that the homeowner be home during the entire course of the reside. Access in and out of the home may be needed if windows are being replaced.

Q: What is “Hardie Wrap”, and do I need it?

A: Building Envelope Solutions protects your home from the elements. There is no better way to fight against water and mildew damage than using HardieWrap weather barrier. The waterproof barrier will keep water out and preserve your home’s exterior longer. It also reduces energy loss which helps the environment and saves you money!

Q: What is the warranty on my reside?

A: The warranty begins on the date of final payment of the contract. Martin Home Exteriors guarantees against defects of workmanship for (10) years. James Hardie Building products comes with a 30-year product warranty as well. Warranty is valid provided that failure occurs within (10) years from the date the warranty begins and the Homeowner or homeowner representative promptly notifies Martin Home Exteriors of failure in writing. Martin Home Exteriors will correct that failure by repairing or replacing the Product within a reasonable amount of time, without charge; the decision for repair or replacement shall be that of Martin Home Exteriors.

Q: What if I have more questions?

A: Please contact our office at 904 737 5009, and one of our siding professionals can assist you.

If you are interested in getting siding for your Jacksonville home please call Martin Home Exteriors at 904-737-5009 or fill out our online request form.

Exit mobile version